Here I am listening to Taylor Swift’s Bad Blood, mouthing the lyrics and rocking my head (she looks so fierce in the video, gosh), and thinking: why not type down my Skincare routine?! Since the second edition to Em’s Essentials is taking FOREVER, I might as well tell you what all I slap on my face and body! As interested as you guys would be in that, the idea is to talk about the products I use, and little about why I like them. These are the items I use on a daily basis. Once in a while maybe I would pamper myself with some fancy expensive product, but not everyday.
The first list of products are what I put on my face, the second will have things that go over the limbs.
Things my face likes:
1. Cleansing the face is very important. You ideally should be washing your face twice a day, once in the morning, and once before sleeping. Which if you do you get that evil sebum of your face, preventing acne. I quite like switching up my face washes. Lately I’ve been loving these three:
– Ponds pimple-clear White
This face wash is a good all rounder. Its texture allows this to work as a mild scrub too. It claims to do 10 things on its packaging; such as reducing pimples and related blemishes, blackheads, tightens skin, redness, brightens and smoothens skin ; it does all of that. It retails for Rs. 140, which is not bad at all.
– Nivea pure effect Total Face Cleanup
I use this one once a while, not every day. This is one of those stronger face washes which really deep cleanses. It makes your skin feel HEAVENLY. The face looks brighter and smoother too. You can leave it on as a mask as well, which has even better results. This is one of those products which you use when, you want your face feeling as clean as it can possibly feel.
– Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash
This product is deeply loved. This is maybe my 3rd bottle. A few months ago it rescued me from a face demon attack, and I am very grateful. While this does nothing to make your skin feel all soft and nice, it has Salicylic acid which kills every acne causing bacteria. This is a pricey product, but I love it ❤
2. Toning. I never understood the concept of toning initially. I thought it was stupid of people to pay money for something that felt like scented water, which did some kind of magic with no evident result. But now that I’ve have almost finished my first bottle of toner, I can say I will dearly miss it if it was to be taken away from me. The toner I use is the Nivea aqua effect Refreshing Toner. This one refreshes your skin and also hydrates it to an extent. Maybe it is all in my head, but I’ve also noticed my skin glow a little more, look healthy a little more. Also, because it is SO HOT in Mumbai, it is the best feeling to have cold water put on my face. I could do this step 4-5 times a day and not mind XD
3. With the heat in Mumbai, it is impossible to to slather a moisturiser on, just the thought of it is suffocating. But because the skin needs some nourishment anyway, I like to use The Fruits of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel. It moisturises the skin and mattifies it too. It could work as a great primer for those who apply a foundation or BB/CC cream on a daily basis.
4. As you probably have figured out already, I have quite a problem with acne. It loves my face too much. I haven’t had any major acne outbursts for a few months now, I am very happy with that. There are still a few days in a month, when I get tiny boils all over. And to dry them out, without me having to physically burst them, I use the Adaferin Gel. Very effective. Within 3 applications, the boil is all gone. If you do have very dry skin, avoid this one.
Products my body likes:
1. To moisturise the rest of my body I use either Vitamin E oil or the Vaseline Aloe Fresh moisturiser. Both are light and easy to use in the summers.
2. Boroline is a new addition to my skincare routine. It is a very heavy oil based cream. It has various ‘healing’ ingredients in it. I like to use this on my elbows, knees, cuticle area, wherever else there are patches of hard skin. I’ve a very obvious, visible difference in the way my knees and elbows look. They look much lighter and ‘softer.’ I think this cream will be of more use during the winters, it is too heavy a cream to use in this season.
Aaannndddddd, that’s it! Hope you found this helpful in anyway that it could. All of these products are brilliant and worth trying out! ❤
See my skin feels so good that on touching it, my smile grows wider than my face :’)